Wednesday 24 September 2014

Putting the "pro" in "procrastination"

Source
Next month I turn 24. 24 with a house, a relationship, a baby...and no sense of get-up-and-go! I am the queen of procrastination. I get Oscar's bottles ready just in time, the kitchen is maintained to a standard enough to cook in there (unless we have guests in which I case I panic-clean!), the clothes are washed and dried but rarely put away... you get the picture. I have "no time" to do the housework - and yet I am on level 44 of Odd Socks and have watched 4 seasons of Breaking Bad in under 3 weeks...

I've been thinking more and more about this and it all comes down to one word - laziness. I want to lose weight and I have the easiest form of exercise at my fingertips - housework! Just cleaning my house could burn up to 204 calories per hour.

Plus I'm fed up of having to sift through mountains of junk to find something I want. And feeling too ashamed to have people over.

It's not just the house that suffers. I don't make good enough use of my time. I have been meaning to dye my hair now for 2 weeks, I rarely write a blog post anymore, I cook the same recipes over and over when I have a stack of magazines and books I could use to find something a bit more interesting. I still haven't ventured out to a mother and baby group (although that's partly through fear - other mums intimidate me..).

So this is me saying no more. I'm hanging up my procrastination crown and sorting myself out. I don't feel proud of my laziness and it doesn't make me happy. I'm not aiming for a Pinterest-worthy home or to never have a PJ day again - I just want to go to bed every night knowing that I have filled my time with worthwhile things.

No comments:

Post a Comment